Steve is a Partner practicing from Melick & Porter’s office in Southbury, Connecticut. Steve began his career and honed his legal skills at a successful boutique firm in Danbury. Steve currently handles all aspects of civil litigation, from pre-litigation counseling, analysis and strategy to pleadings and discovery, to dispositive motion practice, trial advocacy and pre-trial/post-trial proceedings. He focuses his practice on premises liability, general liability, property disputes/land use, workers’ compensation, and product liability. He has extensive litigation and courtroom experience defending claims in Connecticut and New York.
Attorney Banks is a graduate of Indiana University and Quinnipiac University School of Law, where he was honored with the Dean's Scholarship award.
Steve resides in Southbury, CT with his wife and two sons. He is active in the community coaching his children’s youth sports teams.
- New York
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D. (2001)
- Indiana University, B.A. Psychology (1998)
Awards and Honors
- Quinnipiac University School of Law Dean's Scholarship Award
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors)