Past Cases & Clients
Lawsuits and claims often disrupt lives and businesses and cause uncertainty. We will work with you to solve your problems promptly and efficiently. We have the experience and resources to handle large and complex disputes, and we have the common sense necessary to keep small matters small. We analyze claims early and thoroughly, and we keep our clients updated every step of the way. You can count on our team for sound legal judgment, valuable insights, aggressive and innovative strategies, and cost-effective legal services. We are committed to exceeding your expectations. As part of that commitment, we are also available to counsel you or your business about risk management and significant legal developments. We provide our clients with practice-specific newsletters about topics of interest and the latest legal updates. Our attorneys are active contributors to legal and business publications and regularly serve as speakers and faculty at continuing legal education programs and seminars. We are actively involved in many professional, trade, and community organizations. When you need trial or appellate counsel, Melick & Porter, LLP is the right choice.
Some of our notable cases include:
- American Home Assur. Co. v. First Specialty Ins. Co., 73 Mass.App.Ct. 1 (2008) (trucking coverage)
- Amoah v. McKinney and Smith Transport, 875 F.3d 60 (2017) (trucking accident)
- Carr v. Howard, 426 Mass. 514 (1998) (medical peer review privilege)
- Coombes v. Florio, 450 Mass. 182 (2007) (medical malpractice claim brought by a non-patient)
- Fletcher v. Littleton, 68 Mass.App.Ct. 22 (2007) (wrongful death)
- Global NAPs, Inc. v. Federal Inc. Co., 336 F.3d 59 (2003) (malicious prosecution)
Some of the clients we represent include:
- Arch Insurance Co.
- Berkshire Hathaway Specialty
- Farm Family Casualty Insurance
- Tufts University