Rick Heifetz is entering his forty-second year of practicing law. He is a 1972 graduate of the University of New Hampshire (B.A., cum laude) and a 1978 graduate of the New England School of Law (J.D., cum laude). He began his legal career as an associate in the firm of Darling & McLaughlin in Burlington and was a founding partner in the Boston firm of Roche, Heifetz, Murphy & Wholley. From 2001 through 2012, he was a partner in the Boston firm of Tucker, Heifetz & Saltzman, LLP, and from 2013 to 2017, he was the managing partner of Heifetz Rose LLP.
Rick's practice areas include all civil litigation including those involving insurance coverage, toxic tort, environmental liability and coverage, product liability, equine liability, premises liability, first-party property disputes, commercial disputes, and professional liability for insurance agents, brokers, architects, attorneys, and engineers. Rick has tried cases to verdict in the areas of wrongful termination, professional liability, product liability, general liability, bad faith, environmental liability, insurance coverage, and commercial disputes.
Rick is admitted to practice law in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, the United States District Courts for the District of Massachusetts and the District of New Hampshire, as well as the First Circuit Court of Appeals. He is a member of the Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association, New Hampshire Bar Association, American Bar Association (Torts and Insurance Practice Section), Defense Research Institute, and the Massachusetts Bar Association. Rick is an Advocate in the American Board of Trial Attorneys and a member of the Professional Liability Committee of the DRI. He has been named a Super Lawyer since 2008, Best Attorneys in New England, Best Lawyers in America and is a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America. He is a frequent lecturer on professional liability for insurance agents and brokers, environmental law, and insurance coverage.
- New Hampshire
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, New Hampshire
- New England School of Law, J.D., cum laude (1978)
- University of New Hampshire, B.A., cum laude (1975)
Awards and Honors
- American Board of Trial Attorneys (Advocate)
- Best Attorneys in New England
- The Best Lawyers in America® (Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants and Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants)
- Litigation Counsel of America (Fellow)
- Super Lawyers (2008-Present)
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent (1998-Present)
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Norfolk County Bar Association