Professional Liability Attorneys
Fighting for Professionals Throughout New England
Professional liability claims are an unfortunate reality for all industries and can arise from alleged errors, negligent acts, and omissions. Melick & Porter, LLP’s attorneys help professionals in a variety of fields understand potential liability exposure and minimize future risk. Successful resolution of such claims requires a prompt and thorough investigation to assess liability and mount a vigorous defense. Should the need arise, we have a team of dedicated and experienced trial attorneys throughout New England. We successfully provide representation to a wide variety of professionals including accountants, directors and officers, nurses and doctors, insurance agents and brokers, lawyers, real estate agents and brokers, and veterinarians.
When you need representation, call our professional liability lawyers at (617) 523-6200. Our team can walk you through your next steps and provide you with the insight you need to protect and grow your business. Fill out our contact form today.
What Is Professional Liability?
Every working professional may be accused of negligence in their work, but the reason why so many professional liability claims are filed against surgeons, attorneys, and accountants is because claims are typically based on significant financial losses or injuries. Medical malpractice is a common form of professional liability, as the errors that surgeons and physicians make are often damaging and irreversible. Insurance companies are also a frequent target, as individuals attempting to make use of their policies may feel that they were misled in the amount of coverage that they thought they had purchased.
To file a successful claim, individuals must prove that the professional involved had a duty to exercise reasonable care and that the professional breached that duty of care.
Common Types Of Professional Liability
Since 1983, Melick & Porter, LLP has earned a reputation for excellence in defending professional liability claims across New England. Our lawyers have experience defending professionals in a variety of industries.
Common types of professional liability cases we see include:
- Medical malpractice: This type of personal injury case includes claims for failure to diagnose, surgical errors, birth injuries, and medication errors. All medical personnel can be accused, including physicians, nurses, veterinarians, and others.
- Legal malpractice: Lawyers may face accusations of missed deadlines, fraud, undisclosed conflicts of interest, and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Securities and broker fraud: Professionals are often accused of insider trading, errors in stock performance, or misappropriating client funds.
- Insurance malpractice: Insurance agents can be accused of not providing adequate coverage or misleading clients on policy provisions.
- Accounting and auditing malpractice: Professionals who handle clients’ funds can be accused of falsifying their financial statements or making serious accounting errors.
- Construction malpractice: Architects, engineers, accused of construction defects, lost profits, and breach of contract.
How We Can Help Your Business
Professional liability claims are complex, and the individuals who filed them have lawyers who are actively gathering evidence to use against you. You need a skilled trial lawyer who has decades of experience defending professionals’ reputations and futures. At Melick & Porter, LLP, our award-winning professional liability lawyers are committed to our clients. We also provide legal counsel for businesses interested in learning how to best protect themselves from liability in the future.
Call (617) 523-6200 to schedule a case evaluation with a team that has a proven record of success in defending professional liability cases.
Well-Qualified & Accomplished Firm
Nationally Recognized Super Lawyers®
Seasoned Litigators & Appellate Attorneys
High-End Legal Representation
Track Record Of Client Success