Bill Rose is a graduate of University of Massachusetts and a cum laude graduate of Suffolk University School of Law. He also obtained his C.P.C.U. designation. Bill previously practiced at Morrison, Mahoney & Miller; Gillespie & Associates; the Law Offices of Peter Eleey; and Tucker, Heifetz & Saltzman, LLP.
He handles cases in all areas of the firm’s practice, including general liability, insurance coverage, premises liability, professional liability, insurance agents and brokers’ errors and omissions, products liability, motor vehicle liability, and construction cases. Bill has been qualified to testify as an expert witness in c. 93A cases in Middlesex, Essex, Worcester, Plymouth, and Hampden Superior Courts, as well as East Boston District Court. Bill has also handled appeals in both the Massachusetts Appeals and Supreme Judicial Courts.
Since 2019, he has been recognized by his peers as a Best Lawyers in America in the field of Insurance Law.
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Suffolk University School of Law, J.D., cum laude (1990)
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, B.A. (1977)
Awards and Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America® (Insurance Law)
- Coombes v. Florio, 450 Mass. 182 (2007) (medical malpractice claim brought by a non-patient)
- LeBlanc v. Logan Hilton Joint Venture, et al., 463 Mass. 316 (2012) and 78 Mass.App.Ct. 699 (2011) (negligence claims against architect and engineer)
- Merrill v. Colbert, 79 Mass.App.Ct. 1124 (2011) (sexual relations between patient and therapist not covered by professional liability policy)
- Easthampton Congregational Church v. Church Mut. Ins. Co., 916 F.3d 86 (1st Cir. 2019) (collapse of church ceiling covered by property insurance policy)