Teniola (Teni) is an associate in our firm’s Boston office. Teni previously worked as a Suffolk County Assistant District Attorney. She has investigated hundreds of cases, argued evidentiary motions, and tried numerous jury trials. In the Special Prosecutions Unit, Teni secured multiple grand jury indictments for complex financial crimes, civil rights violations, and public corruption matters.
Teni was awarded the Brian J. Honan Award in 2019 for demonstrating excellence in the courtroom and in the community. In 2020, the Massachusetts Bar Association recognized Teni with the Access to Justice Prosecutor Award for her exemplary legal skills, commitment to justice, and service to the community.
Teni graduated cum laude from The University of St. Thomas (TX) in 2012, and cum laude from New England Law | Boston in 2015. At New England Law, Teni served as a Technical Editor of the New England Journal on Civil and Criminal Confinement.
Teni’s legal practice is focused on professional liability and employment litigation. Teni brings to her civil practice a successful record of handling all aspects of litigation, including pre-trial discovery, substantive motion practice, settlement negotiations, and jury trial experience.
Outside of the office, Teni is actively involved in the Big Brother Big Sister program and she is a big sister to an energetic nine-year-old. Teni enjoys spending time with her family and friends, weightlifting, reading, and traveling.
- New England School of Law, J.D. cum laude (2015)
- The University of St. Thomas (TX), B.A., Political Science cum laude (2012)
Awards and Honors
- Suffolk County District Attorney's Office Brian J. Honan Award - Excellence in the Courtroom (2019)
- Massachusetts Bar Association 2020 Access to Justice Prosecutor Award
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- American Mock Trial Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay - Big Sister