Having begun his career at Melick & Porter over twenty-five years ago, Mike rejoined the firm in 2015 after several years at a national firm specializing in civil litigation defense and insurance coverage matters. Mike has experience in a variety of areas, from professional liability and premises liability claims to business disputes, housing discrimination, and environmental claims, but he concentrates his practice on insurance coverage and appellate matters. He has prepared hundreds of coverage evaluations involving a host of first- and third-party coverage issues, and has handled dozens of appeals, arguing cases before the Massachusetts Appeals Court and Supreme Judicial Court, as well as the First Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mike is the author of the most recent cumulative supplement to Liability Insurance Law in Massachusetts, as well as chapters in both the Massachusetts Tort Law Manual and the Massachusetts District Court Civil Practice Manual.
Outside the office, Mike enjoys hiking, golf, reading and adding to his wide-ranging music collection. He lives in Southborough with his wife, Catharine, and their two children.
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude (1991)
- Amherst College, B.A., magna cum laude (1988)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Fletcher v. Littleton, 68 Mass.App.Ct. 22 (2007) (wrongful death)
- Nevor v. Moneypenny Holdings, LLC, 842 F.3d 113 (2016) (admiralty)