Matt is a skilled litigator with a proven track record of success before Rhode Island and Massachusetts courts. As a Partner in the firm’s General Liability and Professional Liability practice groups, Matt regularly represents insurance carriers, their policy holders and self-insured entities on a wide range of insurance defense matters including premises liability claims, dog-bite claims, auto liability claims, and product liability claims, as well as, in disputes involving employment discrimination claims and personal injury claims in both state and federal court.
Matt additionally focuses part of his practice on litigating first and third party “Bad Faith” claims in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island, including the defense and resolution of numerous personal injury protection (PIP), medical payments benefits (Medpay) claims and claims asserted under M.G.L. c. 93A. He also serves as a Certified Court-Annexed Arbitrator for the State of Rhode Island and routinely represents clients in alternative dispute resolution at private mediations and arbitrations and before various state agencies.
Outside of the office, Attorney DiMario is an active member of the local and national legal community as a dedicated member of DRI, the leading national organization of civil defense attorneys and in-house counsel, and the Rhode Island Bar Association. Matt is the current chair of DRI’s Young Lawyers Civility Committee and previously served as co-chair of DRI's Young Lawyers Membership Committee and as chair of DRI's Young Lawyers State and Local Defense Organization Committee. He also serves on the Rhode Island Bar Association House of Delegates and the Bar Association’s Strategic Development and Planning Committee and is immediate past chair of the Rhode Island Bar Association New Lawyers Committee (2016-2019).
Prior to entering private practice, Matt served as a judicial law clerk to the justices and magistrates of the Rhode Island State District Court and the Rhode Island Family Court. He currently resides in Cranston, Rhode Island with his wife and children.
- Rhode Island 2010
- Massachusetts 2011
- United States District Court, District of Rhode Island 2016
- Roger Williams University School of Law, J.D. (2010)
- University of Rhode Island, M.S. (2007)
- University of Rhode Island, B.A. (2004)
- Rhode Island Bar Association – Member 2010 – Present
- House of Delegates – 2018 – Present
- Strategic Planning Committee 2018 – Present
- New Lawyers Committee 2016- Present – Chair 2016-2019
- Superior Bench Bar Committee 2016 – Present
- Annual Meeting Committee 2016 – Present
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) – Member 2014 – Present
- DRI Young Lawyers Committee – Member 2014 – Present
- DRI YL Steering Committee – 2015 – Present
- Chair – DRI YL Civility Committee 2020
- Chair – DRI YL State and Local Defense Organization Committee 2019
- Co-Chair – DRI YL Membership Committee 2018
- Defense Counsel of Rhode Island
- City of Cranston Youth Soccer Program – Coach – Y4-6