John is a partner in the firm’s Boston office. He joined the firm in 2011. John focuses his practice on the defense of professional liability, premises liability, liquor liability, worker’s compensation, and insurance coverage matters. He is admitted to practice in the state and federal courts in Massachusetts and Maine. John has successfully obtained defense judgments for numerous clients in courts in both Massachusetts and Maine. He was named a “Rising Star” in the New England Super Lawyers publication from 2013-2018.
Prior to joining Melick & Porter, John served for three years as a law clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court, where he assisted in complex civil litigation cases. He received his law degree, cum laude, from the University of Maine School of Law, where he was the research editor of Maine Law Review. John also studied international law at Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic. At graduation, John received the American Bankruptcy Institute’s Medal of Excellence and his school’s Pro Bono Publico award for the assistance he provided to indigent clients.
Outside the office, John enjoys traveling, hiking, chess, and spending time with his wife and children.
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- University of Maine, J.D., cum laude (2007)
- Alfred University, B.A., Economics, cum laude (2001)
Awards and Honors
- Massachusetts Rising Stars (2013-2018)
- The American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence (2007)
- The University of Maine School of Law Pro Bono Publico Award (2007)
- Maine Law Review (Research Editor, 2006-2007)